API Testing Interview Experience
List of frequently asked API Interview Questions and this section contains API Testing Interview Experience.
1. Explain the caching mechanism?
It is the practice of storing data temporarily and retrieving data from a high-performance store (usually memory) either explicitly or implicitly. The caching mechanism helps to improve delivery speed by storing a copy of the asset you requested and later accessing the cached copy instead of the original.
2. Is there any upper limit for a payload to pass in the POST method?
doesn’t have any such limit. But, if we consider a real use case, then sending a POST with a large payload will consume high bandwidth. It will take more time and cause performance challenges to your server.
Also, appends data to the service URL. But, its size shouldn’t exceed the maximum URL length.
3. Which purpose does the OPTIONS method serve for the RESTful Web services?
The OPTIONS Method lists down all the operations of a web service supports and it creates read-only requests to the server.
4. Difference between PUT and POST operations?
PUT operation is idempotent, so you can cache the response while the responses to POST operation are not cacheable, and if you retry the request N times, you will end up having N resources with N different URIs created on the server.
5. Can GET request be used instead of PUT to create a resource?
No, you are not supposed to use GET. GET operations should only have view rights, while PUT resource is used for updating data.
6. What are some key characteristics of REST?
- REST is stateless, therefore the SERVER has no status (or session data), With a well-applied REST API, the server could be restarted between two calls, since all data is transferred to the server
- Web service uses POST method primarily to perform operations, while REST uses GET for accessing resources.
7. Which protocol is used by RESTful Web services?
8. What is the most popular way to represent a resource in REST?
XML and JSON are the most popular representations of resources.
9. What is JAX-WS and JAX-RS?
AX-WS is a library that can be used to do SOAP communication in JAVA, and JAX-RS lets you do the REST communication in JAVA.
10. List out the tools or API for developing or testing web API?
- Spring REST web service using MVC
- Jersey API
CONTINUE TO NEXT PART
For more API Testing Interview Question visit ALLSTQ